Sidney's Picks: Pandemic Pain in PA; A Union Future for Amazon?
The Best of the Week’s News:
- Pandemic UI has run out in rural Pennsylvania and people are hurting. (Belt)
- Amazon workers in Bessemer, AL began voting by mail to decide whether their location will unionize. (Slate, Guardian, CBS)
- Some Amazon workers are looking ahead to an organized future, while Amazon is spending over $3200 a day to defeat the organizing drive. (WBUR, Intercept, TNR)
- Philly is facing an avalanche of evictions, and court documents still don’t ensure due process for tenants. (Philly Inquirer)
- NYC shelter exec Victor Rivera has been fired and placed under criminal investigation after a Times investigation aired allegations of sexual violence and financial impropriety. (NYT)