Sidney's Picks: Making Essential Workers Whole
Shana-Kay Henry, a physician’s assistant in New York City holds up a card showing how much she owes in student loans, photo by Bayete Ross Smith, used with kind permission of the Economic Hardship Reporting Project.
- Can student debt relief make our essential workers whole? (Guardian/EHRP)
- How corporate America crushed workers’ rights, and how COVID could revive organized labor. (Bloomberg)
- Silicon Valley billionaires are terrified of journalists. Good. (Vice)
- How Dollar Stores became magnets for murder. (ProPublica/New Yorker)
- Schools might be able to reopen safely in the fall, if we shut bars and gyms now. (WaPo)
- Over 300 kids have caught COVID-19 in Texas daycares due to lax safety measures. (Texas Tribune)