April 9, 2021
Sidney's Picks: Counting the Amazon Votes; Saving Local Journalism?
Phil Hearing, Creative Commons.
The Best of the Week’s News:
- Can Biden’s infrastructure plan save local journalism? (TNR)
- Votes are being counted in the Amazon union election, Amazon leads 2-1, but many ballots remain. (NYT, CNET)
- Congressman and union organizer Andy Levin explains why the NLRB election system is rigged against workers. (twitter)
- The strongest anti-union campaign in Canada: How cosmetics giant Lush is trying to crush a union drive. (Vice)
- Organized labor steps up to encourage COVID vaccination. (Politico)
- Joel Greenberg’s lawyer is taunting Matt Gaetz about the plea deal his client is poised to sign. (Vanity Fair