Sidney’s Picks: Lead Hurts New York Kids
Cat Sidh, Creative Commons.
The Best of the Week’s News
- The New York City Housing Authority is way behind on lead abatement and kids are paying the price. (Hat Tip: Liz)
- 65% of migrants who died in 2014 drowned in the Mediterranean. How one NGO is trying to save lives at sea.
- Gwyneth Paltrow screwed up the Food Stamp Challenge, and not just by buying six limes.
- NYU made 10,000 construction workers on its Abu Dhabi campus second-class citizens, denying them wage and hour protections that the rest of NYU’s employees enjoy.
- Essay: “I Was an Invisible Woman.”