December 7, 2012
#Sidney's Pics: "Right to Work," Fire, Persistent Genital Arousal Disorder, and Other Miserable Things
- The Michigan House passed so-called “right to work” legislation on Thursday and the governor says he’ll sign the bill after it passes the GOP-controlled state senate.
- The Michigan bill has a carve-out for police and firefighters’ unions, which have traditionally supported the Republicans.
- Echoes of the Triangle Fire: Managers blocked exits before a blaze killed 112 garment workers in Bangladesh.
- 2012 Hillman Prize-winner Seth Freed Wessler reports on the labor struggles of fast food workers for Colorlines.
- On Sunday, the Tampa Bay Times published a compassionate and informative profile of a woman living with a rare and debilitating condition known as persistent genital arousal disorder. Tragically, the subject took her own life.
[Photo credit: Wander Mule, Creative Commons.]