Sidney's Picks: John Lewis & Sudden Evictions
John Lewis in 1965, Creative Commons.
The Best of the Week’s News:
- John Lewis’s final letter to the nation passed the civil rights torch to the Movement for Black Lives. (NYT)
- It’s illegal for bosses to ask their workers about their plans to organize, but a third of Fortune 500 companies are using online surveys to identify and crush “union hotspots.” (One Zero)
- Tenants in Philadelphia are being evicted without warning by an opaque, heavily privatized system. (Philly Inquirer)
- How can television contextualize, dramatize, and analyze the Black Lives Matter moment?, asks Wesley Morris, naming five Hillman Prize-winners as scholars to ground this project in reality. (NYT)
- Unable to delay the election, Trump schemes to derail it. (The Nation)