Sidney's Picks: Filthy Water Towers, an Historic UAW Vote, and More
The Best of the Week’s News
- If they look like decrepit relics from the 19th Century, that’s because they are! New York City’s rustic-looking rooftop water towers are unregulated vats of filth.
- In a historic vote, Volkswagen workers in Tennessee will decide next week whether to join the United Auto Workers.
- 1 million Texans have fallen into the Medicare coverage gap because their state refused to expand the program under Obamacare.
- How a substandard abortion provider exploited his patients and endangered their health.
- The Koch Brothers left a confidential document at their last donor confab, now Mother Jones has it.
[Photo credit: Wander Mule, Creative Commons.]