#Sidney's Picks: LA's Fight For Fifteen Poised to Win Big
Mayor of Los Angeles, Creative Commons.
The Best of the Week’s News
- The Los Angeles City Council voted 14-1 for preliminary measure that would raise the city minimum wage to $15/hr by 2020.
- The New York Times Editorial Board supports Los Angeles’s proposed $15/hr minimum wage.
- This op/ed by Tahmima Anam addresses sexism, religion, language, and nationalism in 750 words about public urination. It’s masterful.
- The former president of Trader Joe’s is opening a non-profit grocery store in Dorchester, Massachusetts.
- The execution of Clayton Lockett.