Announcing the winners of the 2017 Hillman Prizes for Journalism and the 2017 George Barrett Award for Public Interest Law
The Sidney Hillman Foundation
The Sidney Hillman Foundation is very proud to announce the winners of the 2017 Hillman Prizes for Journalism and the 2017 George Barrett Award for Public Interest Law:
- Matthew Desmond, Evicted: Poverty and Profit in the American City, Crown.
- David Fahrenthold, For reporting on the Trump Foundation and 2016 presidential election, The Washington Post.
- Nikole Hannah-Jones, “Choosing a School for My Daughter in a Segregated City,” New York Times Magazine.
- Brendan Keefe, “Dying For Help: Fixing The Nation’s Emergency Response System,” WXIA-TV, Atlanta.
- Jamie Kalven, “Code of Silence,” The Intercept.
- Opinion & Analysis
- Adele M. Stan, for outstanding commentary on the 2016 election, The American Prospect.
- George Barrett Award for Public Interest Law
- Penda Hair, Legal Director, Forward Justice
Ceremony will be Tuesday, May 9th in NYC. RSVP here